xbluenabix
Topic Starter
I currently have a DI-624 router and I'm using a dwl-g120 adapter.
I've been having problems with bad connection for a couple months since I bought the damned thing. The router is working fine except for the adapter.
I keep getting disconnected every 20mins or so. I need to unplug my adapter then plug it back in to get a connection. Even when it is connected the signal is very weak.
I have tried calling tech support and they have not been able to help me much.
I did as they told. I have updated to SP1 and I have downloaded their supposed new driver which is suppose to improve connectivity (version 1.12) When I reinstalled the driver the version is still the old one (version 1.0.10)
I've tried everything and I'm just about to give up.
Can it really not be fixed? I really want to fix this problem since I bought the adapter although I am extremely tempted to switch to netgear.
The computer that should be working is only a couple of feet away from my router. I tested it with my friend's netgear adapter. It works so much better and faster.
I have another computer in the basement. I heard some reviews on this product that said it works almost everywhere in the house.
How far on average can a 802.11g work?
Please please help me. What can I do to fix this problem?