Hey guys,

I usually use DivX Player 6.2 or Windows Media Player 11, to watch movies but it has become a hassle when I want to take a screencap (reducing the acceleration, PRT SCRN, normal acceleration, paste in Photoshop C5, etc…) so I went with Cyberlink's PowerDVD 6 Deluxe (because of the convenient screencap button) and got all the available enhancement packs…

HOWEVER, the image is always very dark (Example) and unlike the aforementioned programs, I can't adjust the color manually… and none of the automatic settings (CLEV-2, Vivid, Bright, etc..) resolve the issue.

I looked around in the program's help section and it said "Click on Configuration, select the Video tab, click Advanced…, and then select the Color tab." yet there is NO in the advanced video properties (Look at attachment)! It goes on to state… "For adjusting the Color Control, simply drag and release one of the options when in playback or pause mode. The counter to the right of each color displays the degree of modification." yet when in playback mode or paused, the [Video tab] doesnt even appear!!!

Anybody know of a way I can brighten the image in PowerDVD? I would really hate to have to uninstall it. Alternatively, know of any screencapture programs I could use without having to do the old long process?

  • Windows XP Professional with SP2
  • Intel III with 512MB of RAM
  • Video Adapter Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller (32 MB)
  • 3D Accelerator Intel i752