Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Irfan View

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FRB

FRB

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 05:58 AM

? When trying to view a AVI file using IRFAN 3.85 I get the following error message. SEE ATTACHMENT Any suggestions as to how I can correct this. THANKS

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 FRB

FRB

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 06:19 AM

This is the Error Message that I receive>> VIDEO NOT AVAIABLE CANNOT FIND VIDS:MJPG DECOMPRESSOR

#3 discogail

discogail

-

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 07:37 AM

Will it play in Windows Media Player? If not...........open the avi in GSpot & see if you have the proper codecs installed for that particular file...& report back. :)

actually.......if this AVI was from a digicam...it requires an MJPG codec to play back. You will need to download an MJpeg codec. D/L mjpg decompressor
...unzip to a folder of your choosing...read the "readme" file & install per instructions.

#4 FRB

FRB

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 08:51 AM

YES It will play in Media Player What is this codec?? ? Should I try to find and install it for IRFAN VIEW APPLICATION ? IS IT possible that installing another codec will create other PC problems Thanks for your HELP

#5 discogail

discogail

-

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:07 AM

If it plays in WMP...then you've got the codec. If you've got automatic codec d/l (or whatever it's called) set in WMP..it's possible that you just got it when you tried to play it. See if Irfanview will play it now.

#6 FRB

FRB

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2003 - 12:45 PM

Thank YOU !!! Its working OK !!!