? When trying to view a AVI file using IRFAN 3.85 I get the following error message.
SEE ATTACHMENT
Any suggestions as to how I can correct this.
THANKS
Will it play in Windows Media Player? If not………..open the avi in GSpot & see if you have the proper codecs installed for that particular file…& report back.
actually…….if this AVI was from a digicam…it requires an MJPG codec to play back. You will need to download an MJpeg codec. D/L mjpg decompressor
…unzip to a folder of your choosing…read the "readme" file & install per instructions.
YES
It will play in Media Player
What is this codec??
? Should I try to find and install it for IRFAN VIEW APPLICATION
? IS IT possible that installing another codec will create other PC problems
Thanks for your HELP
If it plays in WMP…then you've got the codec. If you've got automatic codec d/l (or whatever it's called) set in WMP..it's possible that you just got it when you tried to play it. See if Irfanview will play it now.