Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer will not connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 popsicle

popsicle

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:38 AM

My parents computer periodically will not connect to the internet. They have dsl, and live in a rural community. They usually call the man who runs the business from which they purchase their dsl services. I spoke to him, and he said what the problem is, is that sometimes they reset the isp numbers at their business. He also said that usually they can reset the numbers on my parents computer from his business-but for some reason, he has to reset it manually on their computer. Anyway....once again, their computer will not connect to the internet. What could be causing this? What else could I do, to get them online? Any advice is appreciated.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:39 AM

What OS do they have on thier system?

#3 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:10 PM

this is not much help, but i dont get it. a isp provides a ip address- a unique number for each subscriber. having to "reset" the numbers makes no sense (to me) a isp shoudnt be able to "see" anything past the modem they provide you with or a modem you purchased.
How Can I Reduce My Risk?