This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Dantz Retrospect Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

<_< :( Wondered if anyone can help on this one please???? I've had this programme operating fine on my PC ever since I bought a Maxtor One Touch External Back Up Drive (probably for around 18 months at least). When the PC boots up, it runs Retrospect Express in the background and loads it up during start up in XP. However since around 2 weeks ago, it now creates an error every time during start up and fails to load up BUT I haven't changed anything on my PC at all. The error windows that come up on the screen say: 1) Application has generated an exception that could not be handled "Process id=0xdoc, Thread id=0xf60(3936)" 2) Registered JIT Debugge is not available Fortunately if I close down the windows, it has no adverse effect with the running of the PC but I'd really like to fix it properly and I'm worried that it may stop me performing a full back up recovery at some future time. Any suggesting would be gratefully received please Vinylman
I've not used this backup utility. Do you have the freeware version or did you purchase the home/small office version for $49 or do you have an enterprise version.

If this is the "only" computer backing up with Retrospect Express, then you can probably disconnect the USB External Hard Drive, then use Control Panel Add/Remove to uninstall the backup application. Then you can Reinstall the application, hopefully creating a full and uncorrupted version that will resume your backup function.

Note: This recommendatin is not based on experience or reference to any other known authority that recommends the above. It is purely my own intuitive problem-solving recommendation. Use it at your own risk.

Note: Before you initiate "any" fix for this problem, I would strongly recommend that you visit the 'EMC Insignia" Website for EMC® Retrospect® for Windows Professional Edition
Here's a link to their own forums, where you might want to post your question before taking action:
http://forums.dantz.com/ubbthreads/index.php

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI