Hi,
I've been using the 30 day trial of AVG after my last run-in with a pile of malware.
I've had the memory resident shield running, but then running manual scans every few days and found that malware keeps getting on my machine even with AVG running. Any idea why it's not detecting this stuff until I run a manual scan? (I'm thinking maybe I should look at other alternatives rather than purchasing AVG.) Here's the bad stuff from today's scan:
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1AAA0BCA-2F7E-4C09-9F71-8B9EBC61438C}\RP750\A0035863.dll -> Downloader.ConHook : Cleaned.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1AAA0BCA-2F7E-4C09-9F71-8B9EBC61438C}\RP750\A0035864.dll -> Trojan.Agent.agv : Cleaned.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{1AAA0BCA-2F7E-4C09-9F71-8B9EBC61438C}\RP750\A0035862.dll -> Trojan.BHO.o : Cleaned.
This is only 2 days after the previous scan, and no visits to obscure sites.
-Jason
Those entries are in your Windows System Restore Program , its not finding new items. AVG is one of the best reliable programs on the market.
Flush it out like this, I can't tell you enough how important it is to create a new restore point.
System Restore makes regular backups of all your settings, if you ever had to use this program to restore your system to a previous date, you will be infected all over again so we need to clean out the previous Restore Points
Turn off System Restore.
Right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore on all Drives.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Turn ON System Restore.
Right-click My Computer.
ClickProperties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check Turn off System Restore on all Drives.
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Create a new Restore Point <– Very Important
Go to Start/ Control Panel/ Performance and Maintenance/ System Restore/ Create a New Restore Point <–You will have to be in Catagory View in the Control Panel to see this