This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Win32.Trojan.Downloader - cannot remove this

84 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, SpywareBlaster is finw now! Have downloaded all the other programs that you recommended and my system is running normally. The only is exception is the anti-virus software; I could not download this as the link didnt seem to work. I already have McAfee virus scan, however my free trial has expired; so I can still run the software, I just cant download the updates. Would it cause any complications do have a second anti-virus software running as well?
Hiya, Sorry I've been away for a few days. Thanks for the link, I've downloaded the anti-virus software now. The only problem that I'm having is with Spybot S&D. Whenever an alert pops up to tell me a registry entry has changed and do I want to accept this change, I am unable to read the boxes that you have to click on to tell the program what to do; I can only see the top half of the buttons and the bottom half is obscured. I have tried clicking on both but both seem to have denied the change! Should I re-install to see if that helps? The only other thing I'm having trouble with is the firewall; only in the sense that half the time I dont know what websites/programs are trying to connect to the net but are being blocked by the firewall. So I often dont know whether I should allow such things to get through. Dont suppose there is any easy way of assessing this?!
I know what you're saying. It's not easy to figure out wether or not to accept the changes. I don't allow changes unless I've added a new program or a program has been updated, like windows or my anti-virus.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI