This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

HotBar in IE

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Well, I need some advice. I have a customer who insists on using Hotbar and I told her that it is bad juju. Can anyone give me a definitive type of answer or an example as to WHY she should stop using this? She is starting to have problems, I wanted to uninstall it last week, but she really wanted it on her computer, so I just left it. But now she is having some weird things going on and I told her that it could be some type of malware or spyware and that Hotbar was probably the culprit. I need something I can show her to cement the deal. After all, she is like 60 years old and is quite stubborn … :wall:
Thanks.
Hotbar

If one of the worlds leading "malware"-fighting companies has developed a "removal" tool, I'd say it's "serious".

And just an F.Y.I., the "removal tool" doesn't always work "as advertised" (last I knew anyway).
:)