Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Trojans PassView & Backdoor.Generic2.TR

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sosconoz

sosconoz

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

Hi,

I posted a still unanswered HJL regarding the sudden detection by Ewido of "Trojan Passview" - Classified High, and embedded in 2-300 of my old and recent free downloads, and the detection of a Virus "Backdoor.Generic2.TR" by AVG 7.0, which I cannot get rid of.

I am also "protected" by Spyware Blaster, and Spyware Guard, do regular checks with AdAware, and SpyBot. None of these have picked up the problem.

While waiting for a response from my HJL, I entered the Trojan PassView name into Google and came up with the number 1 site of http://www.nirsoft.n...ive_report.html.

They state that they have developed non-malicious software, one of which is Mail Pass View, which give false positives with anti-viral software of the above named Trojans, and they recommend telling your anti-viral provider that this is the case when you get these viruses.

I note that AVG has taken over Ewido. Have they recently updated their database which has picked up an "Innocent" piece of code, frightening the hellout of internet users and causing some to delete all their affected files or worse, reformat their drives

What does this mean that this software is obviously embedded in some downloads?
Should the Trojans be ignored?
Is my Computer and Data safe?
Do I have to delete all the affected files?

Regards
:blink:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 amyangel

amyangel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

Pls have a try Spyware Doctor

protects PC from thousands of potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, spybots and tracking threats.