This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Desktop wallpaper is not showing up

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay, I am not sure how I got this problem, it might just be out of stupidity + mistakes, but I don't know how to fix it. My wallpaper does not display an image, only a color I can set it to. When I select desktop properties from right clicking it OR Control Panel, everything on the window works except for the list of all the available wallpapers. For example, if I try to scroll the list up and down, it is locked to the bottom of the list, and I cannot select anything. Is there a way I can fix this?
Right-Click on any empty space of your DeskTop. in the list that appears, is Active Desktop present? If it is, select it, then Uncheck the item "view as Webpage"
Okay, the problem started a few days ago, I'm estimating 5 days ago. At that day I wasn't doing anything on my computer other than playing a game called Gunz for a few minutes at random times of the day. All of a sudden, my desktop turned dark blue. I tried to change it, and there were problems(read the first post I made up there). My wallpaper only shows up when I return from standby, or switch to standby mode. Then, once the desktop contents and the bar load up, the desktop switches back to the color that I have the option of setting to. Post-script: If this information could be of any help: I keep my MSN, AIM, and GTalk on 24/7. I don't think this has caused any problems in the past.
Hi Nimsha, Will you please "Create a New User Account". Then tell us whether or not you have control of the Desktop Wallpaper in that logon account. Best Regards
That's good news. Now what I have to offer next may sound "lame" to you, but it is a solution. Please understand that it is quite possible that we could work on this problem for quite some time, and still not get it fixed. But since you are able to create another logon account or use another existing account, it would be a straight-forward procedure for you to copy/paste any important documents and files from this account into a new account that you could then name with your preferred logon account name. Since programs and applications are installed on the "local machine" and not exclusively on one "user logon account", you will be able to create the desired Desktop short-cut Icons and startup procedures for your desired software applications in your new user account. Once you are comfortable with your new logon account and have it set up the way you like it, you can Delete this currently problematic user logon account. Hope this plan gives you an avenue of attack that works for you. Best Regards
It actually is lame, but I will do it anyways since you reccommend it. Although, only one thing troubles me, and that is how I got this problem in the first place, and what the problem is identified as.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI