Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

PC can't read/doesn't recognize discs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cpierce

cpierce

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:15 PM

Whenever I put a disc in I can hear spinning,but then it stops. I try to open it via My Computer-CD Drive D, and then I just get a prompt asking to please put a disc in drive C. I don't have that problem with programs i've installed or discs I've backed up. I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:53 PM

Please give us a little more information.

You've distinguished between various types of CD's that you do and don't have the problem with.
Please be specific.

For instance:
(hypothetical example)
The drive recognizes and I can read any CD that I've burned to save documents and files.
And the drive recognizes the Installation CD for Windows Operating System or HP Printer Installation CD.
But the drive will not recognize (What kind of disk? Like a Music CD? or something else?)

please put a disc in drive C

This seems quite "Odd", Because Drive C:\ is almost always your primary Hard Drive. Hmmmm.

Have you looked in Device Manager to see if there are any yellow or red warnings, especially for the entry:
CD ROM

Let us know how you are progressing with your problem-solving.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.