Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Problems with Mozilla

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 studX3

studX3

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:48 AM

Ok, here is the header from my Hijack This log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:36:11 PM, on 4/20/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Now here is my problem, every time I try to open Firefox, my homepage, Google, will not load. The only way I can get Firefox to load any internet pages is to disable Norton Internet Security (I only do so for five minutes). This is a new problem, and has been happening for over a week. Can anybody help me to keep Norton Internet Security and still surf the web?

Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:26 PM

I use N.I.S. 2006 :) :thumbup: What version do you have? :unsure: Firefox released an update about a week ago.... Have you checked to see if the settings in Norton are allowing it to access the net? :unsure:
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 studX3

studX3

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for your reply! How can I check to see if hte settings in Norton are allowing it to access the net? Also, I accidently posted a new topic saying the same thing, I apologize and am just asking for someone to delete it, because it's just junk.

#4 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:41 PM

Well... the exact <click route> to get there is difficult to say (you didn't say what version you have).

But, if you make your way to your "firewall" then "programs", there is a list of programs that have accessed (or tried to access) the net.

Next to them is what Norton was "told" to do with them.

Most likely, you'll see these actions:

Permit all

Block All

Custom

Automatic

There should also be an "Add" button, where you can add new programs (and their "rules") to the firewall list.
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!