This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems with Mozilla

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok, here is the header from my Hijack This log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:36:11 PM, on 4/20/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)


Now here is my problem, every time I try to open Firefox, my homepage, Google, will not load. The only way I can get Firefox to load any internet pages is to disable Norton Internet Security (I only do so for five minutes). This is a new problem, and has been happening for over a week. Can anybody help me to keep Norton Internet Security and still surf the web?

Thanks.
I use N.I.S. 2006 :) :thumbup: What version do you have? :unsure: Firefox released an update about a week ago…. Have you checked to see if the settings in Norton are allowing it to access the net? :unsure:
Thanks for your reply! How can I check to see if hte settings in Norton are allowing it to access the net? Also, I accidently posted a new topic saying the same thing, I apologize and am just asking for someone to delete it, because it's just junk.
Well… the exact to get there is difficult to say (you didn't say what version you have).

But, if you make your way to your "firewall" then "programs", there is a list of programs that have accessed (or tried to access) the net.

Next to them is what Norton was "told" to do with them.

Most likely, you'll see these actions:

Permit all

Block All

Custom

Automatic


There should also be an "Add" button, where you can add new programs (and their "rules") to the firewall list.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI