1. Noticed in my yahoo mail that the tool bar (w/bold, italic, font, font size, etc etc) was disabled... completely unusable.
2. Began to notice constant "!" in yellow triangle at bottom of the screen (lower toolbar - left side) with, "Done but with errors" on most every page I would visit or load.
3. My default homepage is yahoo.com. It no longer loads on the first try. Have to refresh. It didn't effect ANY other page but my default page... but now it effects google.com as well (but so far, no other pages).
- "Back" works, but clicking on "home" icon from tool bar results with blank page load as well.
4. Our router just suddenly stopped working. Linksys was a HUGE help (tech help via email), but the problem could not be resolved. I can't help but think it's all related... (no longer hooked to router - just our cable modem)
5. After over a month of this- now programs on my computer won't work. Just dragging an icon causes my computer to lock up... the CPU goes up to 100%... can't use PictureIt! program... Not enough virtual memory... but yet - surfing on the net is no problem (with the exception of having to refresh yahoo and google - and mail tools not working).
6. Things are slowly getting worse.
Found this on another website where this person posted a similar problem (default homepage not loading - until it is refreshed) and apparently resolveld it:
Just for people with a similar problem, this turned out to be a plugin issue. The plugin needed external data which wasn't there on the first attempt, but it then cached new information so the refresh worked.
I've done system restores, I have antispy/malware programs loaded, I'm good on all my updates, I've checked for any hardware conflicts, etc etc......
I even changed the virtual memory setting so that it is 1.5x the RAM.......
I read through most of the self-help portions HERE and at other sites... does anyone have a clue how I can sort this out?
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:11:31 PM, on 4/17/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Edited by Kim P., 17 April 2006 - 08:47 AM.