Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91913 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

cant watch jap animes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 lxLionHartxl

lxLionHartxl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:10 AM

i have a problem, hoping you all can help me out on this. i cant watch my animes on my comp no more... no idea the reason why... i used, window media player, divx, zoom player, winamp... none works.. all will crash... i dunno wat caused the crash to happen, but one thing i know... i got spyware quake 2.0 a week ago, but i solved it by using another forum, they had a totall different approach to how to remove spyware quaked 2.0... when i did, no virus pop ups were seen, computer ran smoothly as ever, but only today, i couldnt watch anime like i used to... any idea what could cause the problem? i cant reply to you guys soon and fast, i will be going back to camp tomorrow then be back 3 days later... till then i cant reply nor tell you a litte more... this is wat i know, this is wat i can ask from you all... help me solve this problem... the only way i could think of is probably backup everything and redo my computer... but, i cant even burn a cd without failing.... so help me out... thx

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

have you installed a boatload of codecs on your computer
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:20 PM

Not knowing the "a totall different approach to how to remove spyware quaked 2.0" at an un-named other forum, I do wonder what Operating System changes may have occurred. Using the tools available here and at other anti-malware sites like PCPitstop and Spywareinfo, I am aware that the tools actually "remove" the protection of SpywareBlaster and IE-Spyads, but these are easily re-installed. I wonder if the method you used did change your OS. You could run your System File Checker to identify and replace any missing or corrupt operating system files. Start - Run - (type) sfc /scannow This is a totally non-destructive process provided in the XP system that will call for the original files to be replaced if missing or corrupt. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#4 lxLionHartxl

lxLionHartxl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 02:54 AM

thanks for all your helped... but i just reformatted my comp and everything is pretty much ok... except that i seem to crash once in a while... like erm, whatever i no ends up (Not Responding) even if i reformatted the system... any idea why?

#5 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 07:24 PM

like erm, whatever i no ends up (Not Responding)

dont understand that

#6 lxLionHartxl

lxLionHartxl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 09:34 PM

like erm, whatever i no ends up (Not Responding)

dont understand that

oops, its 'whatever i DO ends up (Not Responding)... lol

ok, i have asked a few of my friends this problem... and some says its my mobo overheated
can this be true?

#7 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:06 PM

some says its my mobo overheated
can this be true

i would think a overheating mobo would give you random errors, rather than the same one all the time
you can get temps from some mobo BIOS, also software to read temps in windows, if its supported by the mobo. if you reformatted/reinstall windows, then you can rule out malware. i would start looking at drivers,hardware, RAM or like you said overheating. all that is beyond the scope of this forum.

#8 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

When you reformated and reinstalled your operating system, did you remember to install your Chipset Drivers immediately after installing the operating system? If not do so now.

Don't know what ChipSet your MotherBoard uses?
Download Everest 2.20 (free) from MajorGeeks.
Install and Run Everest
Click on MotherBoard - ChipSet (Everest will even show you a download link)

Everest can also display Temperatures and voltages that your motherboard and peripherals are capable of reading.

For a more detailed display of Temperatures consider SpeedFan or MotherBoardMonitor.

To test for faulty RAM consider MemTest86

To investigate Driver problems, go to Device Manager and look for any yellow or red warnings.
If present, double-click on the item and select Remove, and then ReBoot, to allow Windows to "Find New Hardware" and "Install drivers for new hardware."

To get a good overview of all systems and software running on your machine go over to:
http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on Full Tests
Register
Run the test (requires that you accept an ActiveX) (it's OK)
After you get your Test Results click on TechExpress (yellowish-brown in the upper right area)
Copy and past the complete TechExpress URL link, Paste it here into this thread so we can take a look.

Best Regards

#9 lxLionHartxl

lxLionHartxl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:42 AM

dough, i think i DID install the chipset driver, since its together WITH my mobo cd... but how can i be sure if its downloaded? its Intel Lakeport i945P... is EVEREST home edition you are talking about? i already have that or is there a better version of it? shelf life, i have done all that u said, the hangs are even AFTER the reformat was done... so i got a little irritated and asked you guys for help... yes overheating would be a problem that here cant solve... but if there is other ways to prevent it would be glad to know... i already removed my cover and my mobo is exposed... get more air ventilated... i was just wondering, my fan on the processor.. should i use a cotton bud and clean of the dust? would it be recommended?

Edited by lxLionHartxl, 08 May 2006 - 08:48 AM.

#10 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 09:11 AM

Don't go stiking things (even cotton buds) into anything in your computer. (note: while most of your machine releases its electrical charge when you turn it off, the Power Supply holds dangerous levels of electric charge for a very long time, even when the power cord is unplugged.) Use a Can of Compressed Air to clean fans, heatsinks and other areas inside your case. "Very Lightly" hold the Fan Blade from spinning with the eraser end of a wooden pencil when you direct compressed air onto the fan for cleaning. Try to do an especially good job of blowing that compressed air into and around the HeatSink Fins that are on top of your processor. Opening the side of your case Does Not necessarily increase air circulation over the important parts of your machine. In fact, having the case open, can Defeat air circulation. Your case and case fans are designed to draw air from the front panel intakes, over and across the components that heat up the most and then exhaust that heated air out the back. With the side of the case open, the fans may just be blowing into your room, and not following the designed pathways to cool the machine. If you leave your case open for any period of time beyond just a very few minutes, use a Table Top or window fan to continuously blow large quantities of air directly into the case. Everest Home edition, either 1.51 or 2.20 is just fine. Excellent programs. Regarding ChipSet. Go to the MotherBoard website or the computer manufacturer's website. Download and install the recommended ChipSet Drivers from the site. Let us know how you are progressing. Best Regards

#11 Eumic

Eumic

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Fixing and Improving my computer performance.<br />To Learn more bout computers from other people knowledges.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:51 AM

Hmm maybe some video codecs are missing so you cant watch jap anime.
And you know that WindowMediaPlayer is not good in watching videos and movies.

So if you want to enjoy watching a jap anime like me, I suggest you follow my own strategy :

My Strategy :

1.)You must install a winamp 5.21
Visit : http://www.winamp.com/

1.)After installing it, you cannot watch a videos yet until you install a video codecs for winamp
Visit: http://www.free-code...mp_download.htm

3.)Then run winamp and start watching your favorite jap anime

Enjoy
I hope I could help :D

Edited by Eumic, 11 May 2006 - 10:52 AM.

#12 lxLionHartxl

lxLionHartxl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:21 AM

i have checked out the site for the driver... i was like, OMG! so many different driver downloads... how would i know which to download and install? its gonna be a little messy here... hope you dont mind Drivers Title Ver.# Date 1. INF Update Utility [INFINST_AUTOL.EXE] (945KB) 7.2.2.1006 11/14/2005 Download This utility installs INF files that inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset for specific functionality such as USB and AGP. Read Me (txt) Release Notes (htm) OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows Server* 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server* 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows* 2000, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Media Center Edition, Windows* XP Professional, Windows* XP Professional x64 Edition 2. INF Update Utility - Zip Format [INFINST_AUTOL.ZIP] (1244KB) 7.2.2.1006 11/14/2005 Download NOTE: File is intended for use by developers/advanced users. If you are not a developer/advanced user, please download INFINST_AUTOL.EXE instead. Read Me (txt) Release Notes (htm) OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows Server* 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server* 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows* 2000, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Media Center Edition, Windows* XP Professional, Windows* XP Professional x64 Edition 3. INF Update Utility [INFINST_AUTOL.EXE] (793KB) 7.2.1.1003 7/11/2005 Download This utility installs INF files that inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset for specific functionality such as USB and AGP. Read Me (txt) Release Notes (htm) OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows Server* 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server* 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows* 2000, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Media Center Edition, Windows* XP Professional, Windows* XP Professional x64 Edition 4. INF Update Utility - Zip Format [INFINST_AUTOL.ZIP] (965KB) 7.2.1.1003 7/11/2005 Download NOTE: File is intended for use by developers/advanced users. If you are not a developer/advanced user, please download INFINST_AUTOL.EXE instead. Read Me (txt) Release Notes (htm) OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows Server* 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server* 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows* 2000, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Media Center Edition, Windows* XP Professional, Windows* XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows* XP Tablet PC Edition 5. INF Update Utility [INFINST_AUTOL.EXE] (788KB) 7.0.0.1025 6/6/2005 Download This utility installs INF files that inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset for specific functionality such as USB and AGP. Read Me (txt) Release Notes (htm) OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows Server* 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server* 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows* 2000, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Media Center Edition, Windows* XP Professional, Windows* XP Professional x64 Edition 6. INF Update Utility - Zip Format [INFINST_AUTOL.ZIP] (943KB) 7.0.0.1025 6/6/2005 Download NOTE: File is intended for use by developers/advanced users. If you are not a developer/advanced user, please download INFINST_AUTOL.EXE instead. Read Me (txt) Release Notes (htm) OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows Server* 2003 Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server* 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Windows* 2000, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Media Center Edition, Windows* XP Professional, Windows* XP Professional x64 Edition 7. INF Update Utility [INFINST.EXE] (1541KB) 6.3.0.1007 12/16/2004 This utility installs INF files that inform the operating system how to properly configure the chipset for specific functionality such as USB and AGP. Read Me (txt) Release Notes (htm) OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows* 2000, Windows* 98 SE, Windows* Me, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Professional Download File(s):English 1541KB, Multi language 2657KB 8. INF Update Utility - Zip Format [INFINST_ENU.ZIP] (1927KB) 6.3.0.1007 12/16/2004 NOTE: This file is intended for use by developers/advanced users. If you are not a developer/advanced user, please download INFINST_ENU.EXE instead. Read Me (txt) Release Notes (htm) OS:Windows Server* 2003, Windows* 2000, Windows* 98 SE, Windows* Me, Windows* XP Home Edition, Windows* XP Professional Download File(s):English 1927KB, Multi language 3041KB messy, tons of junk to read...sorry dough :blink: :blink: gotta help me choose... i have no idea which is the one i need... they all look the same!!

#13 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:22 AM

This will probably clear up the "mess" for you.

Intel has a "chipset identifier utility" at this site.
Download and run it on the machine you want to update to identify the specific set of drivers you need.
http://support.intel...b/CS-009245.htm

Best Regards