Hello. I am trying to install Suns Java Runtime, but i keep running into the "error 1324-the path "private users" contains an invalid character". What do i need to do to correct this? I am running XP-PRO with SP2. Thanks!
Thanks. I followed the instructions to the link, but I'm still receiving the error. I've tried online and offline installation, but with no success. Now what? Thanks.
then reboot your computer and delete all temp files and cookies.
You could also check the Microsoft Windows Update center and check for any Windows Installer updates….
Invalid characters apply's to a different language used….
Then return to the Java Home page and try the download again…. Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0
at the top of this page if needed is a button for Select language…..
I do understand. The problem is, is that it is not installed on my computer. I CANNOT uninstall something that is not installed. I am trying to INSTALL it because I need it for programs like YAHOO GAMES, etc. So, now what do we look for? thanks.
Close all instances of Internet Explorer, click Start, and then click Control Panel
Click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Internet Options
Click the Advanced tab.
Clear the Enable third-party browser extensions (requires restart) check box under Browsing
Restart Internet Explorer. If the problem is not resolved, go to the next step…………………….
…….Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options
Click the Advanced tab, and then select the Disable Script Debugging check box under Browsing
Click OK to close all the windows.
Restart the computer