This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

USB/ Plug and Play problem

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Xpress Recovery

Reboot and press F9 before Windows starts loading? (the F9 is from a laptop machine reference)
Your Gigabit machine may use another F Key. So you should read the print at startup to find the exact key.
It doesn't look like Xpress Recovery can be damaged by anything short of using a bootable F-Disk floppy to remove partitions and format the space originally set aside for Xpress Recovery.

My "guess" is that Xpress Recovery is still there and available to you at ReBoot.
I sure hope so.

Please note that Xpress Recovery is designed to restore your machine to "factory original" condition.
It also has the capacity to "save" documents and saved files……… if you did a backup.
If you did not use Xpress Recovery for backup, then you will likely lose any documents and files you've saved since the last time you used Xpress Recovery.
It may be a good idea to simply use a CD Burner to save copies of documents and files you don't want to lose before using the Xpress Recovery function.

Best Regards
The F9 keeps bringing up the message that it isn't installed, but honestly I'm not surprised because it seems like there have been alot of things that are "uninstalled". However I believe that it's just because paths to exes haven't been updated after certain actions. Anyway, I ran Norton and all of the disk doctors that come with it and there have been quite a few hiccups in the system. I went to the Gigabyte website and checked out how to run Xpress Recovery in ohter ways. They said that if I boot up using the utility disk, I can run it off of there. I'm going to divert efforts to backing up and going for a recovery. Hopefully and can get it to work. If it doesn't work I'll just have to format. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks so much for the time and effort. I learned quite abit about some key things in my system through all of this, so it was not all in vain. We'll see what happens. Thanks again. ~Tnadz Cheers!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI