Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Panda Titanium 2006 help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Darkraver

Darkraver

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:00 PM

Well, I just installed Panda Titanium 2006, and it includes a file called WEBPROXY.EXE. This isn't a virus, or anything "evil" to my computer, it's just part of the program. But the problem is, if it's running, my internet doesn't work. It doesn't let me go anywhere, it won't even load up google! But if I end it via Task Manager, Panda tells me there's an error and my security rating goes to low. Can anyone help me? I tried looking for it in services, so I could disable it and let it run, but it isn't there. So I guess my main question is how can I run this anti-virus program and still use the internet? -Dark

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

could that be the panda firewall included in the suite.do you have windows firewall disabled or any other one you might have, disabled.
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 Darkraver

Darkraver

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:23 PM

heh heh, yeah.... I disabled sygate, and the problem stopped. But Panda hogged my resources too much, so I uninstalled it and went with another antivirus. Thanks for the help! -Dark