Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

intermintent interent connection problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dragonridr

dragonridr

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

hi all i have a problem that is driveing me nuts. i have to pcs running winxp with all updates and norton antivirus running and have ran ad-aware and spy bot and have put spyblaster on them. you can boot the pc and once loged in open a browser window (IE or Firefox) and some times the home page loads some times not. shen the home page does load you might get to a different site or sometimes you dont. there is nothing consistant with this. i opened the browser and got to goole and did a search with it returned the results. but couldnt get to any other pages. next reboot and opening i couldnt get out with the browser at all. though ad-aware worked and retrived updates and after a reboot spy boot would retrive updates but not when i fist installed it. i have not checked with high jack this yet but plan on it. also there is a 3rd pc connected to the router and then to a cable modem that has no problem getting out on the net. it is running win 98. any and all suggestions would be apprecated. thank you for your time and help. DragonRidr

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:52 PM

This part is confusing:

i have not checked with high jack this yet but plan on it. also there is a 3rd pc connected to the router and then to a cable modem that has no problem getting out on the net. it is running win 98.

Are your two XP computers connected wirelessly and the Win98 connected by CAT5?

Please describe how each of the computers is connected to the internet.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 dragonridr

dragonridr

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:40 AM

all 3 are hard wired useing cat 5 cable. they had been working fine till about 2 weeks ago.