This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

problems with start up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I would be grateful if you could offer advice. Whilst surfing the other day I received a message from a free piece of virus software alerting me to a file. I was not sure what this was so clicked to quarantine it. The PC continued to work fine until I shut down and came to restart. The start up now seems to be stuck in a loop. I have a Dell PC and it asks me to choose the operating system which I do, it then proceeds to the windows start up screen for a few seconds and then returns to the choose operating system screen. I wondered whether I have quarantined a file that was required for the start up. Can you offer any suggestions?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI