Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kearney

kearney

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:52 PM

Hi, The bank I bank with has just upgraded to a new login procedure where you put in your password via clicking the keyboard on screen. So I put in my user number then enter my password on the on screen keyboard, then click sign in and nothing happens. I get the click sound of internet explorer going to a new page but nothing happens. When I hover the mouse over the sign in button I get a message in the botom left of the window saying java script:selectPwd[]; Is this something to do with java? I would really like delete IE6 all togehter and start again. I have CA Ez anti virus that is up to date and picks up nothing in the scan, and zone alarm picks up nothing on the spyware scan. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Kearney

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:54 PM

Sounds like the webpage is not detecting that you entered your username and password, or you entered the wrong information, or you have an incorrect password entry "cached" that is being incorrectly entered, leading to failure to navigate to the next page of your banking.

To get a fresh start on this with two steps.

1. Clear your Java Cache:
Control Panel - Java
Double-click on Java
The Java Control Panel will appear.
On the General Tabbed Panel toward the bottom you will see:
Temporary Internet files
Click the Settings button.

Now you have (3) three Buttons across the top.
Delete Files - View Applications - View Applets
If you want to have a look at what has been saved in there, go ahead and select either of the View Buttons.

But what I am recommending is that you Delete Files.
This will Remove all the temporary internet settings (including passwords and usernames) that have been saved in the Java Cache as you browse the Internet and log into various pages that require username and password.

What will Happen? The next time you visit pages that have previously required you to enter a username and password, but later you noticed your browser "displays" the username and entered the password for you automatically, NOW you will have to manually enter your UserName and Password.
Of course, you can select to have IE save username and password again for automatic login next time you visit the page.

The benefit: Any of your usernames or passwords, with are corrupted, missing, or old versions, will be removed and you will be entering the fresh ones manually the next time you visit the website.

If clearing the Java Cache, and re-entering your username and password does not solve this problem at your banking page, then contact your banks Tech Support by telephone and they should be able to walk through any of the specific steps to get your account set up for internet access again.

These things happen, especially when the website makes changes, but you "saved" the information appropriately for the "old" website configuration.

Clearing the Java Cache is a harmless and recommended maintenance procedure, much like clearing your Temporary Internet Files. The "downside" is that you have to remember your usernames and passwords and enter them manually the next time you visit the page. Thereafter, they can be saved for automatic login until your Clear your Java Cache again.

For PREVIOUS versions of Sun JAVA, the CACHE is located as a Tabbed Panel appearing on the main Java Console at the top far-right. Click on CACHE, then click on Clear Cache.

2.Your Java Runtime Environment may need to be updated.
The J2SE Java Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications. More info...
Download J2SE JRE
Installation Instructions ReadMe ReleaseNotes
http://java.sun.com/...2/download.html

(or just use your Java Updater in Control Panel - Java- (double-click to cause Java Control Panel to appear)
Click on the Update Tab
Click on the Update Now button at the bottom of that tabbed panel.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 kearney

kearney

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 06:22 PM

dough, Thanks again, problem solved, dayam computers there are too many places for things to hide. Thanks again for yuor help it is much appreciated. Kearney

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:22 PM

Hi Kearney, You're very welcome. Glad you got it sorted. For benefit of other Members who read this post, will you please do the added favor of stating what part of the recommended fix cleared your problem. Many thousands of Internet users do financial transactions online. And I've noticed most banks have added extra steps to the user login sequence in the past few months. I'm guessing that you solved your problem by clearing the Java Cache, but I'd sure like the actual information for my own education and benefit of other Members. Thanks Doug
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.