This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

HELP ME! My name says it all! :P

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

There is this really annoying thing poping up all the time, and down where the running programs icons are, there is a big circle with a big X in the middle. And a pop up keeps 'poping up' saying:

Your computer is infected!

Windows has detected spyware infection!

It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent
data loss. Windows will now download and install the most
up-to-date antispyware for you.

Click here to protect your computer from spyware!



This pops up about every half a minute to 1 minute.
This all started when I went to a website, just browsing and i saw this download bos pop up for about 0.5 secs. And then the above windows pop-up came up and has been reappearing since, I have clicked te icon and double clicked it, but nothing happens. And i am afraid that it may cause further problems, I beleive the program that has been installed is called: ncj.exe But i am not sure if that is a Windows program!

I also has alot of other trojen horses and virus on my computer, I have read a few threads from this forum and it seems that TomCoyote Forums have helped them and completely got rid of the problem. I have no idea what HiJackThis is. But if you ask me to run it, and post logs of it, i will do so.

Please help me!
Hello red_circle_white_X_comp_infected, and welcome to TomCoyote forums. I'm dak, and I'll be helping you to fix your computer.

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to your log. If you still require assistance, please could you do the following:

Firstly, please download the latest version of HijackThis from here (scroll down and click the button with a flashing green light next to it).

Then please right-click on the zipped file, and select "extract all"/"extract here" to unzip it.

run HijackThis and select 'scan and make a log file'.

Please post the log file as a reply to this thread.
Hi Dak, This is red_circle_white_X_comp_infected, I couldnt log onto the account for some reason, oh well.

I will be posting and replying on this account from now on k, I do not have access to the infected computer at the moment because it is in use, but I will post the HijackThis log once I am able to use the infected computer.

The Your computer is infected sign does not pop up anymore. But I have scanned the computer not too long ago and I have many viruses (around 15) including Trojan horses and just normal viruses, I would like to get rid of those as soon as i can :)

I do not want my computer to get taken over or have anything deleted because I have a few website pages and website sources and heaps of music, videos, games and just general stuff. So I will get back to you asap with the HijackThis log ok :)
Hi :) I'm really busy with my uni dissertation at the moment, but if you post a new HijackThis log up as a reply to this thread I'll ask one of my colleagues to take over and help you fix your computer.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI