Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Opinions on IE7 Beta 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tlz

Tlz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:28 PM

I just got the beta and although I havent done too much surfing with it i've got to say it is a good step in the right direction. I think its excellent that they have added the anti-phishing filter (although I do find it odd that you have to activate it; I would think it would be set on by default). The tabs are a good step and I am very impressed with the rss feed tool (although I have my "subscribe with bloglines" button in firefox which is just as convenient). Anyone else have any opinions?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,472 posts
  • Interests:... The never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American way.

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:57 AM

FYI...

Security glitch bites IE7 beta
- http://www.theregist...2/ie7beta_vuln/
2 February 2006
"Researchers have discovered a security vulnerability in a preview version of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) browser just days after its release. A denial of service bug in IE 7 beta 2 creates a means for a hacker to crash the software and potentially execute arbitrary malware on PCs running the code, according to security researcher Tom Ferris. Ferris has produced a proof of concept demo to illustrate his concern that IE 7 beta 2 builds are exposed to the "medium risk" flaw. Microsoft has responded in a posting on its official IE development blog to confirm the the bug identified by Ferris does crash IE 7. "However, we did not find that the bug was exploitable by default to elevate privilege and run arbitrary code," it said. Microsoft said it identified the bug itself during a code review and that a fix was already in development. Redmond adds that the bug is difficult to exploit and isn't the subject of current hacker attacks. Other issues with the latest build of the browser have been unearthed during early testing. Compatibility problems with McAfee security software and glitches that cause the browser to crash when visiting certain websites have emerged. Since IE 7 is undergoing beta testing, these kind of bugs are to be expected."

(Good luck with that - no thanks. IMHO, we already have more than enough trouble with ActiveX and IE6.)

:(

.The machine has no brain.
 ......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...

#3 Tlz

Tlz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:22 PM

(Good luck with that - no thanks. IMHO, we already have more than enough trouble with ActiveX and IE6.)

Very much agreed, unfortunatly. But hey, if we didnt have all these problems we wouldnt have Firefox. Am I right?

#4 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:18 PM

The interface is terrible and it's very bulky.