product53
Topic Starter
This problem keeps re-occurring: (On my Dell 4600/XP SP-2) I will have a few IE 6 browser windows open, then usually one of them will freeze, then CPU usage spikes to 100% - causing the computer to take several minutes to perform the simplest operations. I usually have to (wait for) the task manager to open so I can close out of IE – although often, the problem is still there so I have to reboot the system. I have been trying in-vein for months to correct this.
I have Spybot, Ad-aware, HJT, Awido, Spywareblaster, SpywareGuard, My computer is protected by CA eTrust security suite, I have cleaned, error detected & defragged the HD several times and run sfc /scannow… Nothing works!
Here are some forum links to everything I have tried to date:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertz…f8-ab7c00535938
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?show…81&#entry247481
As far as I can tell, with all of the scans, cleanings, and deletions, my machine is free of viruses and spyware & maleware. Can anyone fix this? Where’s Bill Gates when I need him?
I have Spybot, Ad-aware, HJT, Awido, Spywareblaster, SpywareGuard, My computer is protected by CA eTrust security suite, I have cleaned, error detected & defragged the HD several times and run sfc /scannow… Nothing works!
Here are some forum links to everything I have tried to date:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertz…f8-ab7c00535938
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?show…81&#entry247481
As far as I can tell, with all of the scans, cleanings, and deletions, my machine is free of viruses and spyware & maleware. Can anyone fix this? Where’s Bill Gates when I need him?