Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

unable to script webpages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yakuza8

yakuza8

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:57 AM

i posted this in the hijackthis logs forum but doubt anyone will figure it out since they don't normally see this but, maybe someone in this forum or even a "n00b" who's not allowed to post there could helpout I've basically lost the ability to script, or javascript. I downloaded : scripten.exe from Microsoft which updates your scripts, but that's no help. I'm on the <edited> IE6 sp2 that comes with WinXP pro sp2, that can never ever be re-installed (FACT). No tricks to re-install work against this because it's integrated into the OS. I went to the browsertune site and I pass all the tests, then when it says it's generating the results by scripting, I can't see it! What's dumb about browsertune is that they forced me to hand over my email, and the <edited> didn't give me a report by mail! scam! :rant: This is the second time this has happened. I could only fix it by a windows re-install which I dread. It happens after running hijackthis + the tools suggested to me by this forum, such as pandascan and stuff. The worst attack I've had is stuff like 'searchmeup' and stuff that resemble that 'smit' virus, which I remove easily. I suspect something goes with it and is taken out without me knowing when I run "helpful" tools. I've searched the web and there's many ppl in this situation, and scripten.exe usually fixes it (it includes javascript .dll's and components for your browser), but there's some of us where it doesn't work.

Edited by Crow, 18 January 2006 - 12:16 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:15 AM

I'm on the <edited> up IE6 sp2 that comes with WinXP pro sp2, that can never ever be re-installed (FACT).

Maybe if you concentrate more on the issue rather than your terrible language you wouldnt make yourself look silly. Your.."FACT" there is incorrect.

i posted this in the hijackthis logs forum but doubt anyone will figure it out since they don't normally see this

With that attitude, you will get little... if any... help here.

I dont particularly care to read any more so .. I'll leave it at that.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 yakuza8

yakuza8

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:38 AM

I'm on the <edited> up IE6 sp2 that comes with WinXP pro sp2, that can never ever be re-installed (FACT).

Maybe if you concentrate more on the issue rather than your terrible language you wouldnt make yourself look silly. Your.."FACT" there is incorrect.

i posted this in the hijackthis logs forum but doubt anyone will figure it out since they don't normally see this

With that attitude, you will get little... if any... help here.

I dont particularly care to read any more so .. I'll leave it at that.

Wow, I've never seen a response like that before on any forum.

Sorry, but you sir are being rude today and quite a <edited>. See, being rude is one thing, but to attempt to instigate me is against forum rules and fully defines the term of <edited>.

I am obviously very frustrated with my computer, and nowhere in my post is attitude towards any member here. You have 800+ posts, but don't seem to understand these forums. That other forum is only for certain members to reply to. I've come to understand that I won't get a reply because my issue may not be hijackthis related exactly, so that's why I posted here and made that comment. I felt by posting in this forum as well that I should explain the reasoning for coming here.

Now, you know what got me riled up(my computer), but what got up your arse today to cause you to break forum rules?

If you don't have something good to say, don't say it. I'm only replying to defend my original post against your feeble and dimwitted attempt to flame. You don't have much knowledge in computers anyway since you don't understand that IE is integrated into the SP2 OS, but I'm sure you might've been able to help. I pointed that out with a capital 'fact' in my post because it helps people from wasting their time searching it up since I've seen whole forums go at it and come up with absolutely nothing.

I really don't have to do this and you're wasting my time, but I'm not going to drop down to your level of attitude and leave you with no answer, instead I'm going to teach you a lesson about computers today:

http://support.micro...123120121120120

Notice, no option to reinstall IE in SP2.

http://www.neowin.ne...#entry586221597

A nice thread that fully explores my scenario, and comes to the conclusion :

"You have to reinstall SP2. There is no other way to reinstall IE."

There are numerous threads and forums, with tons of experts giving advice and commands which I know such as /sfc scannow, the right click install on the inf file, etc.., but no one has ever come up with a way to do it.

As you can see I have every right to be angry at Microsoft, because they force-integrated their browser into a patch, and I got stuck with it. I used foul language because every forum I've ever been on has a filter and it's easier for me to express my frustration this way, but you sir have no excuses. The good that came out of this is that you got taught, so thanks for coming out.

I'm here to solve an eternal problem, that I believe the minds here in cooperation can fix. It could be so simple that someone with a less arrogant attitude and maybe 10 posts could resolve or figure out, or even a new user. It needs a fresh look.

Edited by Blair, 21 January 2006 - 07:37 PM.

#4 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:51 AM

Ok let me explain this so you can understand it. When you come in to our forum here, cursing, and have an attitude, it tends to upset people. I am not sure what forum it is that you post at normally, but you will follow our rules here while your here or you will banned. Now, I apologize if there was any miscommunication and that you feel it necessary to call me a prick. Being that I am a mod and I take care of this forum (which you either overlooked, or you just want to be banned) I suggest you rephrase your next post, or you will not get another one.

#5 yakuza8

yakuza8

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

Ok let me explain this so you can understand it.

When you come in to our forum here, cursing, and have an attitude, it tends to upset people. I am not sure what forum it is that you post at normally, but you will follow our rules here while your here or you will banned. Now, I apologize if there was any miscommunication and that you feel it necessary to call me a prick. Being that I am a mod and I take care of this forum (which you either overlooked, or you just want to be banned) I suggest you rephrase your next post, or you will not get another one.

Ok, thank you for editing my original post.

The problem is that this forum doesn't allow me to edit my original thread posts or I can't find out how. Believe me I tried my best to edit before you even replied to me. But, it seems I can only edit my secondary posts.

I also assumed this forum has a cursing filter. Although cursing at others in other forums can get a person banned, I've never seen a filtered phrase as "I've had a #$@#!$ day" get someone banned. So I look worse than I should due to a lack of filter.

I also thought you were one of the "helper" posters trying to leave me out in the cold on purpose, and that wasn't fair considering I was helpless to edit my post. In most forums it's seen as taking advantage of the newbie. But, seeing as that you're a mod and your duty is to moderate and not fix everyone's problem I can see your response as very fair and fitting for your position, so I don't really consider you rude.

#6 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:36 AM

Trust me when I say you wont be flammed here. Usually, in my experience, users come in with that kind of language and stating "facts" are also the ones who like to flame other users so please forgive my forwardness. To the problem at hand, I dont know if you read the link I posted, but you can re-install IE. You just cant uninstall it (and Microsofts reasoning behind that is rather lame...but its a reason none the less). I am not sure exactly what you mean by not being able to script...I am assuming you mean that your getting applet loading errors..? Regaurdless, however, you should be able to re-install the platform and solve that issue (Java). Also... when you posted in the other forum... did you post a hijack this log to?

#7 yakuza8

yakuza8

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:23 AM

Trust me when I say you wont be flammed here. Usually, in my experience, users come in with that kind of language and stating "facts" are also the ones who like to flame other users so please forgive my forwardness.

To the problem at hand, I dont know if you read the link I posted, but you can re-install IE. You just cant uninstall it (and Microsofts reasoning behind that is rather lame...but its a reason none the less). I am not sure exactly what you mean by not being able to script...I am assuming you mean that your getting applet loading errors..? Regaurdless, however, you should be able to re-install the platform and solve that issue (Java). Also... when you posted in the other forum... did you post a hijack this log to?

All I can come up with is the ability to re-install SP2, and my experience re-installing SP1 has usually been a disaster, so I'm worried to do that, but I will do it as a last shot. I can't find your link?

The problem at hand makes me angry :rant2: so it's hard to describe.

Basically:

If there's google ads on a page (javascript) - I won't be able to see it.
Most javascripts I simply can't see. But, I can see google maps.

If there's a javascript popup or link on a page that leads somewhere else in the page, I can't activate it. Clicking on it does nothing for me.

I get no errors, just blank screens or no response in the spots where it would've been the display. I posted a hijackthis log in the other forum, I look pretty clean, but I could be wrong.

It's the second time I've managed to accomplish this move, and it always follows using hijackthis. Panda scan and other software are usually used as well.

In a way, this makes my computer invincible to most adware and spyware, and viruses. Most people would be happy and if someone can figure out the key to this madness they could make an amazing option in a spy protect program (it turns off some, but not all javascript, just the harmful stuff). But, I like my javascript...

Scripting = all enabled. Going to check if my hosts file is jacked or something..

Edited by yakuza8, 19 January 2006 - 09:28 AM.