Your website just completely fixed a problem on my kids' computer that seemed miraculous, so I figured I would try it on my own computer issues. First, here is the heading of my Hijack This Log done on my computer:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:06:27 PM, on 9/5/2006
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
I have several problems with my computer. Three of them I have specific information for and the remaining two I will try to provide you with as much information as possible and may have to just email again when the problems occur next. Here are the first two specific problems:
1. Whenever I click to compose a message in hotmail I get the following pop-up screen: "A Runtime Error has occured. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 45 Error: Expected ')' (the mark inside the single quotes looks like the parenthesis I put, but that is not what it is). When I click yes (or no, it doesn't seem to matter which) the message appears a second time. Once I click yes or no to the 2nd message it takes me to the compose mail screen. This has been going on for quite some time and I'm not sure when it started or what caused it. The only change I have noticed is that I believe it used to say Line: 50 instead of Line: 45
2. When I am on any website and click "Contact Us" or click on a person's name, I expect it to redirect me to the hotmail, compose mail page. Instead, it gives me the same message as above. When I click yes to debug, I get the following error message "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site" after which is an extremely long http address. Below the address it says "Operation Aborted". When I click "OK" it takes me to the screen "Cannot Find Server".
3. I am having trouble viewing movie clips from my sister-in-law (and others occassionally as well). When I download the clip, the Microsoft Windows Media window opens with a message that says, "We’re sorry, but we were unable to service your request. You may wish to choose from the links below for information about Microsoft products and services." The clips play on my kids' computer as well as my husbands with no problems.
The following 2 problems also continuously occur, though I don't have the specifics.
4. I beleive that there is some internal Adobe issue. If I open a pdf file, once I close it, I can not re-open another pdf file without rebooting the computer. If I control-alt-delete, it shows that the AV tool tip (?) is still running.
5. I often get an error message that pops up that says something about realsched encountering a problem. I seem to remember the letters kern in the error message. Sorry for the total lack of specificity. I believe that the only thing I try to schedule on the computer is a nightly sweep with spysweeper, but that has not worked at all. It's as if I never scheduled one.
Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide!!!