MDJeepster
Topic Starter
Just recently, my computer started to crash when trying to view websites with photos. Screen suddenly goes blank and the system starts to reboot. It begins to boot and stops (prior to the Windows splash panel) with PRIMARY MASTER DRIVE FAILURE. It stops at that point. Must manually power down and restart. Then it works fine until some time later (maybe an hour) the same thing happens.
I've run all the anti software (Norton antivirus, spybot, adaware, MS Antispyware, Norton Systemworks, etc). I've also run removal tools for SoBig (nothing found).
Here's my HJT header info:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:53:08 PM, on 1/10/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Any ideas? My computer is a bit old: a VAIO with a 200Gb HDD, partitioned into a small C: and huge D:. Most programs are installed on D: Oh yeah, drives have been DiskClean'd and Defragged regularly.
Any suggestions? Perhaps my HDD is just wearing out, or I have bad sectors where IE6 is loaded.
Mark