Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:10:27 AM, on 1/18/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Recently I have been installing quite a bit of software, mostly packed stuff which I scanned first but probably where my problem came from. Just recently I was burning a disk image of a file and right after Nero Express spit the CD out, I got the blue screen of death. Some massive fatal error that starts dumping the physical memory. I reboot and it says that the system has recovered from a critical error and tries to send the report to MS.
Now, everytime I open or close the DVD-ROM drive, I get the same blue screen always; nothing else causes this error. I ran adaware, and Norton and thought they deleted things, it still happens. Did check disk and clean disk. One other thing I noticed is that whenever I leave my computer and it goes into standby, it just logs me out instead of keeping me logged in and going to the login screen (ie so I can keep running norton with out touching the mouse every 2 minutes). That's all I can figure out right now. Also the files the error report included were within: documents and settings/ross(my name)/local settings/temp…
~Tnadz
hmm.. Have you moved your computer around at all lately..? Turn off the computer and open the tower. Check your cables. Make sure thier all plugged in good and that none have come loose. Then reboot and see what gives. Post back and let us know if that sloves it. Might possibly be a power supply issue as well but lets take it one step at a time.
No, nothing. I checked all the cables and it still craps out. I tried erasing a CD-RW and the second it went to do it, the memory dump started. I believe it has to be the DVD drive or a process dealing with it. Here's what the report contained:
Error Signature: (if it is useful)
BCCode: 1000007f BCP1: 00000008 BCP2: 80042000 BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1
Technical info on the error shows files from these directories:
C:DOCUME~1\Ross\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd9c7.dir00\Mini011806-04.dmp
and
……………………………………………………………………\sysdata.xml
Thanks for the quick reply and the help
~Ross
I still have not been able to fix this problem. Although I don't think that it is a virus. I think that it just is some corrupted file. It was very strange because I plugged in a digital camera and it gave me the same serious error. IT only did this once and was fine though. Very strange.
well my DVD works fine now without causeing an error, but now it happens at random. One instance occured when I opened up fruity loops. I have no clue what is going on. please help someone
Actually, I believe I have figured it out. A program I had installed to work with fruity loops, Giga Studio, had a driver issue. I researched the problem and it has something to do with my specific sound card and wanting to always use the driver during processes. I deleted the program and have had no problems at all. Should there be an error again, I will go back t othe drawing board, but for now, thanks for your help.
~Tnadz
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI