This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

unable to sign-in to financial websites

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So the computer recently became infected with all sorts of spyware, including spysheriff (I have a hijackthis log going in the other forum) and I'm not sure if this is related or not, but for some reason I'm not able to sign in to any financial related websites, like banking or credit card sites. I can sign in to e-mail, ebay, etc. just fine, but some of my banking websites don't even display the sign-in box, and some at least have the sign-in box but then take me to a blank page (I don't even get a "page cannot be displayed…"). I'm running Windows XP and the problem happens with both MSN and Inernet Explorer. I've been able to sign in to these sites from other computers so I know the problem doesn't lie with the websites. Any idea what's causing this? Is it something I should be concerned about?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI