Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

windows XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jld

jld

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:48 PM

[size=4] This started about a week and a half ago, went to log on to my computer, a window popped up saying, "Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted. Contact the administrator" I am the administrator. Then after 30 seconds another window pops up saying, "Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile, changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off" I have a spysweeper from Webroot and an antivirus from Computer Associates. Any ideas what is going on and how to resolve this problem??

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 dubz

dubz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:56 PM

this is why people should create seperate accounts and not use thier administrator account. what probably happened is something messed up your C:/documents and settings/usernames.... files the only way i know how to fix this is to go into that folder and first back up what u can... then delete it and then re login.... hopefully that will help u out... if your administrator account is the only acount on the computer u may be lookin at a system rebuild unless safemode provides u with some options.

#3 pjk

pjk

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

You should reload XP onto your computer. Just pop that disk in and run through the setup. However, everything on your computer will be lost.