This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Infected with Tojan Vundo, can't shake it

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi jmoskus

Were you able to follow all the instructions from Grinler ? The entries for the Sony Rootkit are missing from your HJT logfile.
I can't tell from your post if you used the link to Grinler, or only those from Sophos,Symantec and Sony. The link to Grinler seems to be much more informative and provides clearer identification and removal instructions, in my opinion.

Look at this link and see if it is the error you are getting and if this applies.
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=411038

Then, see this link, and see if it applies.
Remote Wonder ( see the drivers, on the left )

http://remotew.free.fr/faq.htm
Hi, Yes I used the link from grinler, but although I saw the XCP listed, the manual deletion said "no files found" and the same with the other 2 tools. I did go back though and used the Sony patch and then didn't see the XCP listed anymore. I looked at the 2 links you suggested but I don't have the drivers/harware that they're discussing. I did download the x10 update tool for kicks but nothing happened. And the difference (although I don't know if it matters) is that this guy wasn't having problems with system restore but another XP component. I could try to post or e-mail them with my problem since its the same rundll thing. I've tried system restore again and no joy. Thanks and let me know what's next! J Moskus HEYYYYY!!!!!Just had to add this update. Decided to surf with the error message to see if there was anyhting out there and I got sytem restore working. Yippeee!!!! So I'll follow your last instructions regarding system restore and then maybe I'm free. Of course I'll post if I hit another problem, but hopefully this it it. J Moskus
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI