This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Dial-up modem removal for new cable modem?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am about to go on a cable modem and have been advised to remove the old dial-up modem.This action is to stop any driver problems. Also,if all I do is 'remove' it from device manager and any other place it shows up like 'add/remove program properties', that windows plug and play will just ask me for all the info every time I boot up. So,any Ideas? Thank you very much. John :scratch:
The best thing to do, if you should choose to remove the dialup modem, is, besides removing the drivers, removing the modem as well. This means opening the housing and plugging out the dialup modem.
If its a softmodem (Winmodem… integrated) then the last thing you want to do is uninstall it. It will not bother your cable connection/modem/drivers so unless u just want to remove it, or need the extra power, I would just leave it there.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI