This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My Computer is Infected notification

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

In the system tray of my taskbar (lower right corner next to the time), there is a reb button that just recently appeared that persistantly notifys me: Your Computer is Infected Windows has detected spyware infection. It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you. Click here to prevent spyware. Fortunately it does not download anything… at least that I am aware of. I've run both Spybot, Adware, a virus check and deleted some Trojans I did not know I had until recently, and still the bug keeps appearing. I also submitted my hijackthis log. Some one please help me eliminate this nussance. Thank you. -FRANK
Frank, It's no use posting in this forum, since your problem is clearly, as is shown by your log, malware related! You've got some nasty ones there. However, with the help of the experts in the HijackThis forum you should be able to get rid of them. On the other hand, I'm not surprised you got infected since you did not bother to update your WinXp with the Service Packs, leaving your PC open for attack. Whatever you do, do not install SP2 while beeing infected!!! Wait for the instructions on the HijackThis forum!
I would have installed SP2, however the first time I did it, my computer encountered a a whole slew of problems with many programs. For example, I could not use Photoshop CS. Any recommendations would be great, and than you all for the feedback. -FRANK

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI