Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mailman

mailman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:23 PM

First things first, my computer info. ---------------------------------------- Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) ---------------------------------------- Now to the problem. Just about every time I try to surf the internet I have problems. When I first open up internet explorer everything is just fine, the browser opens up my homepage. But whenever i type in an address like google.com and press enter or click the "Go" button, nothing happens. At the bottom of the browser it's supposed to say something like "finding google.com" or "opening page google.com" or "page found google.com" and then it loads the page, but that bar on the bottom of the browser doesn't say anything. The little globe in the top right will spin but the browser won't go to the page i want it to for about 3-4 minutes. Then it will finally go to that page. Sometimes i have to control, alt, delete the browser because it's not responding. Whenever i do that it says that iexplorer is not responding. This problem also happens when i try to open up my hotmail inbox. I click on the button where it says i have new mail but nothing happens so i usually have to end the proccess manually and it usually works the second time i try to open it up. This problem can be frustrating whenever i'm trying to get online to research for a paper or just trying to check my email. I have ran Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware, but the problem still exists. I also have hijackthis but i'm not posting that unless you need it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Thunder

Thunder

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:ICT, HijackThis

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

How about upgrading your Internet Explorer to SP2? That might resolve your problem.
Whatever happens, make believe it was intended to ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Stand Up & Be Counted --> Posted Image <-- And make a difference

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

#3 mailman

mailman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

The service pack 2 is for windows XP as far as i know. I am running windows ME. I think i tried to get sp2 one time but it said i can't install it because i don't have XP.