This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Explorer Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

First things first, my computer info. —————————————- Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) —————————————- Now to the problem. Just about every time I try to surf the internet I have problems. When I first open up internet explorer everything is just fine, the browser opens up my homepage. But whenever i type in an address like google.com and press enter or click the "Go" button, nothing happens. At the bottom of the browser it's supposed to say something like "finding google.com" or "opening page google.com" or "page found google.com" and then it loads the page, but that bar on the bottom of the browser doesn't say anything. The little globe in the top right will spin but the browser won't go to the page i want it to for about 3-4 minutes. Then it will finally go to that page. Sometimes i have to control, alt, delete the browser because it's not responding. Whenever i do that it says that iexplorer is not responding. This problem also happens when i try to open up my hotmail inbox. I click on the button where it says i have new mail but nothing happens so i usually have to end the proccess manually and it usually works the second time i try to open it up. This problem can be frustrating whenever i'm trying to get online to research for a paper or just trying to check my email. I have ran Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware, but the problem still exists. I also have hijackthis but i'm not posting that unless you need it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
The service pack 2 is for windows XP as far as i know. I am running windows ME. I think i tried to get sp2 one time but it said i can't install it because i don't have XP.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI