This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Winfixer 2005 popups and other popups

16 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi LDTate, Not sure who Wisdom is and how he posted to my reopened thread, but here's why I wanted to reopen the discussion I had with Ken545. I reread Ken545's final posting to my Winfixer 2005 thread that you just reopened and I didn’t really comprehend his discussion of Spysweeper before and just want to clarify something about Spysweeper. Can you take a look at Ken's final posting to me where he mentions Spysweeper and tell me if you think Ken was saying that if I were to purchase and subscribe to Spysweeper, that running and keeping updated that piece of software alone would probably be enough to guard against spyware/malware and that I could remove from my system Spybot Search and Destroy, Ad-aware, Spy Blaster, Spyware Guard and Ewido? Thanks LDTate for helping me with this final question! RRK
Hi Wisdom, Please do not post your HJT log in someone else's thread, start a new one for your self and someone will be along shortly to look at it for you. Your in the right forum, just start a new Topic and post your log. Ken :D
RRK, How ya doing ? What I was trying to say was that we think very positivily about Spysweeper and whether you want to purchase it or not is totally your call. Tom Coyote doesn't make any money from the sale. If you do buy it, you can still use Spybot and Ad-Aware, there great programs and I would not uninstall any of them. I think what I would do, just like I have my own system set up is to just use Spybot and Ad-Aware and all the other programs that I suggested in my final post, if sometime down the road you just keep getting infected, then it would be time to examine the sites you go to, programs that you download and things like that. If your system is running good now and your happy with it, then save your bucks and spend it on your wife for xmas. :D This is what I have running on my system Norton Anti-Virus Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4 Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06 Spyware Blaster Spyware Guard IE-Spyad Win Patrol Ewido <– Free, no background guard Zone Alarm Free Version Firewall Firefox Browser <– My default Thunderbird Mail <– My default. And everything is getting along well…. The only time you may experience some problems is when you have more than one ANTI-VIRUS programs running, just use one of those. What tends to bog down systems is the Entire Security suite, stay away from those like Nortons Security suite, just use a stand alone anti virus and a firewall. Hey, I wont close out this topic for a few weeks, so post back with any other questions. Ken :D
Thanks, Ken. You've answered my question. No further problems so far on the laptop or any of the other PCs. My thinking was that maybe rather than trying to keep up with several anti spy/mal-ware programs, by paying a reasonable price and reasonable annual subscription to a program like Spysweeper, it'd be less trouble in my crazy work and home schedule to keep multiple home PCs free from spy/mal-ware. Thanks again and have a great Christmas and New Year's! Randy
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI