Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

HJT log - virtumonde problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 mileskat

mileskat

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:43 PM

Today my Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006 started warning me that a "Dangerous Operation Blocked. Program C:\Windows\Explorer.exe." Panda did not fix the problem nor were other remedies successful. I did findddcca.dll and jkhhi.dll in C:\windows\system32 and deleted them, but cannot delete wvva.ini and awvvw.dll. Thanks for the help. Here is the HJT log file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:08:43 PM, on 11/8/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.foxnews.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {79A576C4-B7A9-47EC-B57C-2CE5CA6ECC6A} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\awvvw.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis True Image Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\Inicio.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.t...all/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akama...llInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BFE29F6D-699F-4BA3-9631-70D44A07A66A}: NameServer = 209.26.88.31,199.2.252.10
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avldr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avldr.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvvw - C:\WINDOWS\System32\awvvw.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: Intel® Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: OneTouch 4.0 Monitor - Visioneer Inc - C:\Program Files\Visioneer\OneTouch 4.0\OtService.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Antispam Engine (pmshellsrv) - PANDA SOFTWARE - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\AntiSpam\pskmssvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Network Manager (PNMSRV) - Panda Software - c:\program files\panda software\panda platinum 2006 internet security\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Software Internacional - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\PsImSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\TPSrv.exe

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

Hello mileskat, welcome to the TC.

Download the trial version of Spy Sweeper from Here

Install it using the Standard Install option. (You will be asked for your e-mail address, it is safe to give it. If you receive alerts from your firewall, allow all activities for Spy Sweeper)

You will be prompted to check for updated definitions, please do so.
(This may take several minutes)

Click on Options > Sweep Options and check Sweep all Folders on Selected drives. Check Local Disc C. Under What to Sweep, check every box.

Click on Sweep and allow it to fully scan your system.If you are prompted to restart the computer, do so immediately. This is a necessary step to kill the infection!

When the sweep has finished, click Remove. Click Select All and then Next

From 'Results', select the Session Log tab. Click Save to File and save the log somewhere convenient.

Exit Spy Sweeper.

Empty Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new HJT log as well as the Resullts from Spy Sweeper file into this thread.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#3 mileskat

mileskat

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:46 PM

LDTate, I appreciate your reply and offer to assist me in getting rid of Trojan Vundo. I was able to rid my PC of the trojan tonight but will not post how I did it as I'm not authorized to give such info, but will if you ask me to. I'm certainly far from an expert in these matters. I do know that whatever infected my PC was a lot of trouble. It changed my Hosts file among other things. From Symantec site, I think, I found: This trojan connects to the system process explorer.exe and its library then goes memory resident. The problem is shown in my HJT log: O2 - BHO: MSEvents Object - {79A576C4-B7A9-47EC-B57C-2CE5CA6ECC6A} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\awvvw.dll O20 - Winlogon Notify: awvvw - C:\WINDOWS\System32\awvvw.dll I did run SpySweeper prior to your suggestion - is that the program that creates the purple, circular icon? It did not find anything. I believe this case can be closed, but will certainly be back if I need additional help. Thanks again for your offer to help. Mileskat

#4 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:03 AM

I would post a new HJT log. There were other bad guys in your log.

#5 mileskat

mileskat

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:31 AM

LDTate, I'll post a new HJT log during lunch today. Thanks. Mileskat

#6 mileskat

mileskat

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:11 PM

Here is my most recent HJT log.
Thanks again for your assistance.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:08:27 PM, on 11/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\TPSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\AVENGINE.EXE
c:\program files\panda software\panda platinum 2006 internet security\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\PavFnSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\AntiSpam\pskmssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\PsImSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\APVXDWIN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\SRVLOAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Visioneer\OneTouch 4.0\OtService.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\WebProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Visioneer\OneTouch 4.0\OtMonEx.exe
C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\psimreal.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.foxnews.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis True Image Monitor] "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ezShieldProtector for Px] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ezSP_Px.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSBkgdUpdate] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Scansoft Shared\SSBkgdUpdate\SSBkgdupdate.exe" -Embedding -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PaperPort PTD] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\pptd40nt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndexSearch] C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\PaperPort\IndexSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APVXDWIN] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\APVXDWIN.EXE" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SCANINICIO] "C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\Inicio.exe"
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akama...llInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoft...free/asinst.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BFE29F6D-699F-4BA3-9631-70D44A07A66A}: NameServer = 209.26.88.31,199.2.252.10
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avldr - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avldr.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: Intel® Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: OneTouch 4.0 Monitor - Visioneer Inc - C:\Program Files\Visioneer\OneTouch 4.0\OtService.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Function Service (PAVFNSVR) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\PavFnSvr.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Process Protection Service (PavPrSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Panda Software\PavShld\pavprsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Panda anti-virus service (PAVSRV) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\pavsrv51.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Antispam Engine (pmshellsrv) - PANDA SOFTWARE - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\AntiSpam\pskmssvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda Network Manager (PNMSRV) - Panda Software - c:\program files\panda software\panda platinum 2006 internet security\firewall\PNMSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Panda IManager Service (PSIMSVC) - Panda Software Internacional - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\PsImSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Panda TPSrv (TPSrv) - Panda Software - C:\Program Files\Panda Software\Panda Platinum 2006 Internet Security\TPSrv.exe

#7 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:15 PM

I only see one left :thumbup:

I suggest you do this:

Run hijackthis. Hit None of the above, Click Do a System Scan Only. Put a Check in the box on the left side on these:

Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on your hard drive that you wish to clean (C drive, for example)
3. In the context menu that opens, select properties
4. Under the general tab you should select Disk Cleanup
5. Windows will scan your drive which will take a few seconds/minutes
6. A box will display the various files you can remove.
Check all boxes except compress old files (If listed)
7. Click OK and windows will comply.

Restart your computer.

If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D

#8 mileskat

mileskat

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:38 AM

LDTate, I followed your instructions for removing the 016 - DPF entry and all went well. Then I ran cleanmgr. Thanks. The entry that HijackThis removed - that is carp**? Not a benign QuickTime program? I just installed Spywareblaster 3.4. I was using Spybot SD and Adaware SE Personal, then uninstalled them prior to reinstalling Panda Platinum Internet Security 2006. Then reinstalled Spybot & Adaware. Panda Platinum IS 2006 has a software firewall and I am using a Linksys BEFSR41 cable/dsl router. In the next week or so that router will be replaced with a Linksys BEFSX41 (with the older 1.45.7 firmware) which has a firewall and may be better at offering security. Thanks again. I will check out the other software you mentioned. Mileskat

#9 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:41 AM

Great job :thumbup: You're more then welcome. Glad we were able to help Peace be with you :wavey:

#10 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:41 AM

Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php