Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MS Hijacks my start page!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 evey35

evey35

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hi, I recently got a new computer with Windows XP Pro installed. Works great, but no matter what I do, I can't change the start page in IE. It just goes to MSN's start page. I've gone into the registry and changed it, even ran Hijackthis and tried changing through there, but it just pops back up! Another colleage of mine says it happens on his home computer too...and he recently installed Win XP Pro as well. Anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Surreal2

Surreal2

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:22 AM

Hi evey35

Have you tried changing it in IE? Open IE, click Tools --> Internet options; on the General tab delete what I presume will be the msn address in the Home Page section and replace it with your preferred start-up page (or click 'Use Blank' if you want it to start with no default page).

If that doesn't work I suggest you post a HijackThis log into the 'HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware Removal' forum on this site.

Cheers...