This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MS Hijacks my start page!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I recently got a new computer with Windows XP Pro installed. Works great, but no matter what I do, I can't change the start page in IE. It just goes to MSN's start page. I've gone into the registry and changed it, even ran Hijackthis and tried changing through there, but it just pops back up! Another colleage of mine says it happens on his home computer too…and he recently installed Win XP Pro as well. Anyone know how to fix this?
Hi evey35

Have you tried changing it in IE? Open IE, click Tools –> Internet options; on the General tab delete what I presume will be the msn address in the Home Page section and replace it with your preferred start-up page (or click 'Use Blank' if you want it to start with no default page).

If that doesn't work I suggest you post a HijackThis log into the 'HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware Removal' forum on this site.

Cheers…

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI