This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Browser home-page hijack "system error #384"

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Have thoroughly searched my Win98 disk for drwatson32.exe, I extracted about 130 winzip files in the process. Cannot find drwatson32 as an application or anything else. Did find drwatson.exe but dropping that into C/windows/system does not solve the problem of being unable open any programs. There were a few winzip files I was unable to extract so perhaps its lurking there.
As I understand it I need a Win98 SE floppy boot-up disk in order to reformat the hard drive and reinstall. I never made up such a disk and with the system as it is I cannot make one now. I guess I will need to get one from someone else in order to proceed. Does that sound correct to you? Many thanks for all your help. I have learned alot. SimonT
If I remember correctly, once windows is running, you have put in the W98 CD and it will open. Then see if you can run setup and choose to repair windows.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI