This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Vista

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have a HP laptop that I want to install Windows Vista beta 1 on. The beta 1 has upgrade disabled, but it checke to see if you have build 5099 or later installed, then it will (I think) allow you to upgrade. Does anyone know where it is looking to determine the OS and how I might be able to fool it to thinking it is already a beta version of Vista. Or, has anyone got the beta to do an upgrade rather than a full install? Thanks, Dave

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI