This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Reinstall Vista?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My laptop's internal hard drive failed and I have to replace it. My question is: I didn't get an installation disc for Vista when I bought my laptop as it was already installed on it…but I have a serial key for Vista on the bottom of my laptop. Is there any way I can download a trial version of Vista or something, install it, and then use the serial key to upgrade it to the full version? Or do I have to buy another copy of Vista?
Hi typhus89 Contact the manufacturer of your laptop (DELL, HP etc.) Tell them the situation, and they will usually ship you a installation CD. Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI