Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Help with Proxy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SWP 4 LFE

SWP 4 LFE

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:30 PM

Hello everybody ive been having a problem with one website (Actually my girlfriend is) She lives in russian n i live here in USA and we like to see each other on www.webdate.com But when she types it in it redirects her to www.google.ru . IT worked many times for her before but now its automatically redirected to google. Some other people on a russian forum said she should try a proxy. Now im not sure what it is, i know its a server u can connect to but thats about it. How can i/she connect to a proxy server and see if the website will work. OR if there is any other things she can try to make it work. She ran AD Aware PRo and scanned for virus. There is also in the top line of the website where it says (Tom Coyote Forums) on the google site it says " GoldKey Search Forwarding page " Im not sure what that is either and its not on her control panel / add/remove list either. So Please help me out :scratch:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 07:25 PM

OK tell her to type:

http://64.7.213.25/

Into her browser and see if it works then. This number is an IP address and it will directly conect to the webserver instead of first going to a DNS server.

Anyways, enough nerd talk... Let me know if this works ;)

#3 SWP 4 LFE

SWP 4 LFE

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:51 PM

Well i clicked on it and it worked for me but when she does it still redirects her to google is there anything else i can try maybe not a proxy but something else?

#4 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

Although I'm not a pro at using Proxies, you might want to look at this for your girlfriend:

http://www.proxyway.com/

There is a free version, on the right called, ProxyWay Free. Here is there help site:

http://www.proxyway....troduction.html

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes ;)