Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Your connection is not secure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flashh4

flashh4

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:viet nam vet 66-68<br /> heavy equiptment operator

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:09 AM

Hi guys, my granddaughter has this popping up everywhere she try's to go outside of Firefox ! It will open FF and IE fine but if she try's to go to any other site this message pops up !! We were trying to open Google, like i said every site gives this message. We checked the clock & date, they are correct !! Now i am lost, any ideas of what to try would be appreciated very much ! She doesn't use her computer much so it may be awhile before i get back with an answer for you !!
Thanks

Your connection is not secure

The owner of Google has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

Forgot to mention that everything works fine in "Safe Mode with networking"

Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:55 AM

what anti virus software are you using?

what windows operating system are you using?

and last what firefox version is installed and what addons have been added?

because things work in safe mode i'd be thinking the problem is most likely to do with the antivirus program your using, so a quick check is to start in normal mode and then stop your anti virus from running and see if you can then connect to https pages without getting that error message.

:popcorn:

#3 flashh4

flashh4

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:viet nam vet 66-68<br /> heavy equiptment operator

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:49 PM

Had already tried all your advise before which did not work ! We fixed the problem by installing W10 !!

Thanks

Chuck

#4 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:59 PM

:thumbup:

:popcorn: