This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

monitor black clicking noise

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Everyone, This morning I hit that power button on my monitor and just got a clicking noise. The screen remained black. I unplugged it from the power strip and plugged it directly into a wall socket. I disengaged the video plug from my cpu and reinserted. This did not work. Is there something else I should do? Does this mean my monitor has to be replaced? It is a Dell 3 years old. Many thanks, Nan
hi shadespast, To confirm the monitor as the problem you might try a different monitor, if you dont have another one maybe you could borrow one just to try it out and see if it works. or you could take the monitor and hook it up to another computer and see it you have the same problem. thats the only way i know how to troubleshoot monitors…..
Shelf Life, Thanks so much. I did this and found it is a broken monitor. And guess what? I bought a LG Flatron Slim LCD monitor. How nice this is. If I had known the clarity of letters and numbers was so good I would have done this long ago. Nan

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI