My computer keeps on restarting by itself. I turned off the automatic restart in the system advanced option, but it still does it. I got a blue screen a few minutes ago and wrote down the codes in the technical information. Here it is :
***STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XBF8011C3, 0XF7CC7A48, 0X00000000)
***win32k.sys - Address BF8011C3 base at BF800000, Date Stamp 422511a2
I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem, but I'm not sure which hardware it would be. Is there a way I can find that before buying myself a new piece of hardware?
Thanks!
Oh and just to specify, I have already had this problem before and formatted my computer since then…after formatting, it usually works good for a while and then starts doing this again.
Thanks for the reply. I checked and I already had SP2. I just had another blue screen with another code. Here it is :
STOP: 0x000000E3 (0x822C46A0, 0x81FE2380, 0x820C9218, 0x000000003)
Help?
There I just restarted my computer after installing a Roxio update, and got this message:
BCCode : e3 BCP1 : 822C46A0 BCP2 : 81FE2380 BCP3 : 820C9218
BCP4 : 00000003 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1
in case it can help
Is your PC acting sluggish? Are strange windows inexplicably popping up on your screen? Do you have to reboot your computer because of errors and lockups? PC Pitstop's free computer checkup can help you find and fix those problems! To get the best answers in The Pit, post a link to your test results along with your question.
I did the test, and the only thing it told me to do was to defrag and to minimize the amount of diskspace to use for my cache files in Internet Explorer to 80. Now it says that my computer is perfect…I don't think those two reasons would be the only thing making my computer crash…right?
I had a similar problem a while back with drivers conflicting, a wirless usb adapter wasnt installed correctly and 2 sets of drivers were trying to do them same thing and when they met they crashed the computer with the blue screen mych like the one ur having!! try and think when it sared happening and re-install the drivers or get new drivers or if you've installed something and r relying on windows drivers, dont!!! sorry if this is little help but its worth a go!!!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI