Me and my brother share a wireless connection, and i was hoping to open some ports for faster downloading. Is it dangerous for my brothers comp if i open the router ports, and clear them with my firewall? I mean, if he leaves his firewall the way it is, he is still just as protected right? thanks.
hi twisty4678,
i assume you are using a router to share the connection. the port fowarding can be done in the router setup. should be able to only assign ports to a specific private ip/computer. wouldnt affect the other computer because it has a different private ip.
ok thanks, i can do that now that i check. Thank you!
also, after doing a "sheilds up" port scan, i've found that although ports 6881-6889 are no longer "stealthed", they now show "closed". I've configured my router and my windows firewall, what else could be keepingthem closed?
thanks, but what if i wanted them to be open for faster downloads? I cant figure out how to get them open so i can get "green status" with bittorrent. I've already configured my router and my windwos firewall. thank you!
sounds like you want to open a specific port for your bittorrent client. each router is different. i would visit your router makers web page and look for FAQ. also see this link: http://dessent.net/btfaq/#ports