Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firewalls

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raf

raf

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:01 PM

After receiving incredible, mind-saving advice from this site on how to rid my computer of adware/spyware, I thought I'd pose a question to those who know much more about computers than I. Background: I run my own small company (very small-two computers) and have a desktop that's wired into a wireless router with a cable modem. I have a laptop that I use that connects to the office network. Whenever I try to add the extra protection of a firewall (on either computer), I lose the ability to communicate on my network, whether it's file sharing, printer sharing or otherwise. I'd like to use a firewall for additional protection but it doesn't seem possible with my current configuration. I was told by the computer setup person when he hooked up my network that my wireless modem (D-Link DI-524) has a firewall built in and hence I don't need the individual computers to have one. However, I am unsure as to the truth of that statement. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Cornet, video games

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:57 PM

Most times they come with a basic firewall, but like I said, very basic. It depends on how your network is setup. I would keep trying... What I reccomend is with your firewalls, make sure that they will not block the ip of the other computer. Good luck, wng
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005