Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Spywareblaster 2.6.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:56 PM

I would normally put this in the software forum, but I can't post in there.

Is there any way I can manually get database uprades alone, without SpywareBlaster 3.0 and up?
I uninstalled the old version, and when I started to install this one, I read third party products are packaged with it, and the products with site weren't even listed, so I won't be installing V3.0.
I just got V 2.6.1 from an old link to Net-Integrations.net, but I couldn't access the updater.

Database Info:
Date: 9/9/3
Items: 806

Incidentally, I am banned from the official forums unjustly.
I admit I forgot why, but I'm sure it was an unfair ban.
Could someone get one of these admins here (or owner), so I may work it out with them?
I think I was banned for supposably repeated postings in the wrong forum, which was said to disrupt the flow of conversation, but I was not doing any such thing! :angry:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 11:20 AM

Members should be able to edit their own posts, but I can't. Why can't I edit?

#3 Javacool

Javacool

-

• Dev
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:28 PM

I uninstalled the old version, and when I started to install this one, I read third party products are packaged with it, and the products with site weren't even listed, so I won't be installing V3.0.

Hi,

There are no third-party products packaged with SpywareBlaster. :scratch:

I believe you may be misinterpreting the license agreement. The mentions of "third party products" mostly deal with:

-Limiting my liability. Basically, using SpywareBlaster may disable components that some third-party programs need to run (for example, adware bundled in other software). You agree to verify that doing so does not violate those programs' license agreements. (etc)

3. Third Party Software:

Certain LICENSOR SOFTWARE PACKAGES are designed to be executed in conjunction with third party software which is not owned by or affiliated with LICENSOR. Details on third party software requirements and/or compatibility may be found on the www.javacoolsoftware.com website. LICENSEE shall be responsible, at its sole cost and expense, for obtaining, installing and using the appropriate third party licenses and maintenance as needed to operate the SOFTWARE PACKAGE. 

An example of what the above covers: SpywareBlaster 3.0 can provide protection for Mozilla/Firefox, however I don't make or provide those browsers - i.e. you'll need to obtain them on your own if you'd like to use them, and have protection for them.

The above section has nothing to do with SpywareBlaster installing any third-party products (which it does not do).

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

#4 New Raider

New Raider

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:49 PM

Yes, that does make it more clear. I'm just very cautious when something looks too good to be true. About the Wilders Security Forums, can you get someone to remind me what this ban was all about? I'm sure it was an unfair ban, and I want to get it all straightened out, and possibly be reinstated. PM me with further details.

Edited by New Raider, 31 March 2004 - 05:50 PM.