Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Yahoo messenger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lynchy_*

Guest_Lynchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:07 AM

Can anyone shed any light on this sign in problem I have with yahoo messenger. It was the first IM I had on my PC and it worked fine then. Then I deleted it and Installed msn. Then I got hijacked by CWS and others Including PSguard and desktop taken over. Last night I Installed it again and every time I try to sign in it fails. Despite the fact that I am signed into yahoo mail so my user ID's are valid and I've been meticulous about typing them in. Why won't it recognise the valid ID. I just got my PC cleaned out with the help of one of the TC volunteers so there should be no problems with other programs. Advice please. <_<

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 24 September 2005 - 03:02 PM

Uninstall yahoo once more, this time afterwards delete the folder C:\Program Files\Yahoo Messenger, and reinstall it

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 Guest_Lynchy_*

Guest_Lynchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:51 AM

Will do. Was thinking maybe it was remnants of last Install that was hampering. Willtry that. Cheers. :thumbup: