This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Resource Conflict with graphics card

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just bought a GeForce MX 4000 graphics card. I followed the instructions, uninstalled the onboard graphics program, put the new one in, turned my computer on, and then it came up with a black screen that says "Resource Conflict" and it states the new PCI card as being the problem. I hit DEL to goto the setup screen and under the advanced tab I changed the graphics display to PCI and off of Onboard, then saved changes and it exited back to the black screen. I have to keep the computer monitor plugged into the old spot in order to see anything as well because nothing will come through the new card. I tried to install the new card's drivers and it usually restarts half way through that and then repeats the same black screen. If it does finish, it it tells me "access denied" and that the drivers cannot be installed. What in the world can stop this issue and get me new card to work?
ok.. go to setup again.. find and enable "load default settings".. and start over. If this does not work.. then open the case (tower) and remove the cmos battery for 30 seconds and then replace it and reboot. Once back up.. go to control panel and to add/remove and uninstall your nvidia app's and drivers.. reboot if it asks you to and then once back to desktop.. re-install your nvidia drivers and app's.. then in control panel.. under system and device manager, right click on your onboard video and then choose properties. Disable it here… then power down.. install card… reboot.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI