This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Win2K Bootup woes

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just tried to reload some Sound Blaster software on a different PC on my (small) home network (a Dell running Win2K/FAT32). It hung up during the reload, and I shut the PC down and rebooted–now I get a blue-screen after enter the machine's password to log in. Sometimes I get my Desktop scree for a few seconds, sometimes not. The blue-screen message is: STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xEB778B8E, 0x00000001, 0x00000000) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ADDRESS EB778B8E base at EB778000, DateStamp 36c0d410 - sfman.sys What do I need to do? –Tom vonHatten
Try this:


1. At startup, press the F8 key to enter the troubleshooting options menu.

2. Select Safe mode with command prompt.

3. Type: dir C:\Winnt\System32\ folder, then rem Ctmm32.dll CTback-up.old

4. Restart the computer.

5. Download and install newer drivers from Sound Blaster.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI