This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

about:blank

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Guys

ad- aware dealt with most of it, the problems I have with it is that when I click on a picture to enlarge it on a web page, I get this about blank page first.

And it seems like it's embedded itself into the hijackThis program.
dunno if anybody on here is familiar with hijackthis, but if you click on configuration, main,
"below URLs will be used when fixing hijacked/unwanted MSIE pages"
default start page. about:blank
and when when I delete that and type in my home page, it just springs back!

Does anybody on here know how I can get rid of the remaining part of it.

Thanks in advance.
_________________
this is the best place on the net to get a highjackthis log read. make sure you run SpyBot & Ad-Aware!! THEN download HIGHJACKTHIS & POST IN THE MALEWARE REMOVE SECTION ! MAKE SURE YOU PLACE HIGHJACKTHIS >>>>>> do not run HijackThis from a temporary folder or desktop. Since HijackThis makes backups of any entries you fix, you should create a folder just to hold the HijackThis program and its backups, so the backups and the program are not accidentally deleted. Go to "My Computer", click on c:\ and then go to the "File" menu, choose New -> Folder. Name the folder "HJT" or something like that !
Sorry for the delay

Regarding the first post, managed to get a screenshot up,
doesn't mater how many times I deleted it keeps popping back

[external image: Posted Image]

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI